Welfare and Welfare Spending
- Latest Research on Obama’s Gutting of Welfare Reform
- Overview: Obama Guts Welfare Reform
- Gutting Welfare Reform: Undoing Workfare
- Examining the Means-tested Welfare State
- Marriage: America’s Greatest Weapon Against Child Poverty
The Obama administration issued a new policy asserting that it would issue waivers to exempt states from the work requirements established in the 1996 welfare-reform law. Read More.
Despite spending more than enough to pull everyone out of poverty, the War on Poverty has failed to reduce the causes of poverty and has hurt many of the people it intended to help. The welfare reform of 1996 successfully transformed one welfare program. But today that reform is in jeopardy and some 70 other federal means-tested programs are in need of similar reform.